We join, once a month, the queer English book club. It’s a group that meets regularly since years. Books are often (but not always), with a queer theme.
Details on the reading list, the location and dates/times are available on out meetup group (see Contact details)
This works like a normal book club: you read the book in the language you prefer, we discuss it in English. You can join a meeting even if you didn’t read/finish the book, but there will be significant spoilers during the discussion.
To give you an idea, here are the books we read and discussed in the last few years:
- July 2023: Michela Murgia, Accabadora
- June 2023: Trung Le Nguyen, The Magic Fish
- May 2023: James Bartleman, As Long as the Rivers Flow
- April 11th 2023: John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men
- March 14th 2023: Virginia Woolf, Orlando
- February 14th 2023: James Baldwin, Giovanni’s Room
- January 10th 2023: Jeannette Winterson, Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
- December 13th 2022: Patricia Highsmith, The Price of Salt, or Carol
- November 8th 2022: (Attributed to) Oscar Wilde, Teleny: a pornographic novel
- October 11th 2022: Ocean Vuong, On Earth we’re Briefly Gorgeous
- September 13th 2022: Sarah Moss, Ghost Wall
- August 9th 2022: Hannah Kent, The Good People
- July 12th 2022: Thomas Savage, The Power of the Dog
- June 14th 2022: Colson Whitehead, The Nickel Boys
- May 10th 2022: Peter Wildblood, Against the Law